Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How to install a script that requires node v8.9.3 ?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by mec-forum, Jun 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. mec-forum

mec-forum Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am trying to install the Wekan app using the built-in node support of cPanel.
    The app is distributed as a meteor bundle: releases.wekan.team/wekan-2.83.tar.gz
    I was following this tutorialhowtoforge.com/tutorial/centos-wekan-installation/

When I inspected the meteor bundle I see the .node_version.txt file contains "v8.9.3".

Since I can see the node version installed by EasyApache's node module is 10, how can I run this app with version 8.9.3 of node and still register it with the cPanel GUI for proper management?

Can something like NVM coexist with cpanel's node?

What about mongoDB? Can I do that from cPanel/WHM ?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @mec-forum,

The following documents include helpful information about using Node.JS with cPanel & WHM if you have not yet reviewed them:

Guide to Node.js Installations - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation
    How to Install a Node.js Application - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

cPanel & WHM currently only supports the installation of applications that are compatible with Node version 10. Here's the command you can use to find the specific version installed on your cPanel & WHM server:

Code:
    # /opt/cpanel/ea-nodejs10/bin/node -v
    v10.15.3
    While applications designed for older Node versions will sometimes function well on newer Node versions, it's up the developers of that application to determine whether it's compatible. In this case, it looks like this is answered on the application developer's GitHub issue page:

What is the exact node version required by wekan · Issue #1533 · wekan/wekan

However, you may also want to submit a new issue to their GitHub repo to see a recent answer (the link above is from 2018).

There's no support for additional Node.JS versions, or support for the ability to switch between Node.JS versions included with cPanel & WHM at this time. However, the CloudLinux addon offers an independent Node.JS Selector feature that does support the use/assignment of different Node.JS versions. You can read about this on the link below:

Node.js Selector | Documentation

We are unable to support MongoDB as a direct feature in cPanel & WHM due to it's current license restrictions (see this feature request). You could technically install it as an independent RPM for CentOS, but it won't integrate with cPanel & WHM's Application Manager feature and it may not function properly under a shared hosting environment.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...