The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Install a site in the main domain name of the WHM panel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rizly77, Jul 16, 2014.

1. rizly77

rizly77 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi
    I am new to WHM control Panel.
    I purchased a VPS hosting and I gave a main domain name while I am purchasing. After I purchased I added a package , added an account and did everything.

I did all other options in the site. But the online problem is I cannot install a site in the main domain name which I gave when I am purchasing the VPS server.

When I tried to create a new cpanel account with the main domain name it says " A DNS entry for “MyMainDomain.com” already exists. You must remove this DNS entry from all servers in the DNS cluster to proceed. "

Or if I tried to add the main domain name to cpanel account which I create it says " A DNS entry for “MyMainDomain.com” already exists. You must remove this DNS entry from all servers in the DNS cluster to proceed. "

My question is I want to know How I can install a site in this main domain name or add the main domain to a cpanel account or create a cpanel account using this main domain name.

If there no option to install a site in that main domain name. Then how how i can change my main domain name. Then I'll be able to add the domain name to a cpanel or create a cpanel using this domain name.

Thank you in advance.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can create a new account via:

"WHM Home » Account Functions » Create a New Account"

Scroll down and select "Overwrite any existing DNS zones for the account." if a DNS Zone for the domain name already exists.

Thank you.

3. rizly77

rizly77 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Thank you so Much. Mate !

It worked out. It was a great help for me.

Thanking you again. :)