How to Install a site in the main domain name of the WHM panel

rizly77

Registered
Jul 5, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hi
I am new to WHM control Panel.
I purchased a VPS hosting and I gave a main domain name while I am purchasing. After I purchased I added a package , added an account and did everything.

I did all other options in the site. But the online problem is I cannot install a site in the main domain name which I gave when I am purchasing the VPS server.

When I tried to create a new cpanel account with the main domain name it says " A DNS entry for “MyMainDomain.com” already exists. You must remove this DNS entry from all servers in the DNS cluster to proceed. "

Or if I tried to add the main domain name to cpanel account which I create it says " A DNS entry for “MyMainDomain.com” already exists. You must remove this DNS entry from all servers in the DNS cluster to proceed. "

My question is I want to know How I can install a site in this main domain name or add the main domain to a cpanel account or create a cpanel account using this main domain name.

If there no option to install a site in that main domain name. Then how how i can change my main domain name. Then I'll be able to add the domain name to a cpanel or create a cpanel using this domain name.

Thank you in advance.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

You can create a new account via:

"WHM Home » Account Functions » Create a New Account"

Scroll down and select "Overwrite any existing DNS zones for the account." if a DNS Zone for the domain name already exists.

Thank you.