The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to install ASP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lukaschemp, Mar 18, 2008.

1. lukaschemp

lukaschemp Active Member

How to install ASP in cPanel 11 without any problems, i use Apache 2.2, PHP5 (cli), PHP4 (cgi). I found installation by WHM -> cPanel -> Manage Plugins -> mod_mono but it isn't working. Any HOWTO of this?

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    First, mod_mono only supports ASP.NET. If you need support for Classic ASP, then your choices are few: invest in a Windows server, or Sun Java System ASP 4.0 (http://www.sun.com/software/chilisoft/)

Second, the mod_mono Plugin is deprecated and should not be used. Please install mod_mono via EasyApache (Apache Update in WHM). This version is up-to-date and fully supported, whereas the plugin is not.

3. mctDarren

mctDarren Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Not to highjack a thread, but I was wondering about this very issue this morning. Some plugins/add-ons links in the GUI are deprecated options, but they still sit there waiting for someone not in the know to click them. Why? Aren't we at the stage with 11 where we should see some of these go bye-bye?