How to install cPanel and login to user panel

cPanel & WHM Version
ad

quietFinn

Feb 4, 2006
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Oke so my Hosting has confirmed that I do indeed have full root access. So it seems that's there is a step I am missing here.
Did they give you root password?
If not it's possibe that the username you got is in sudoers group, and in that case you can set password for root like this:
sudo passwd root
you will be prompted to give the new root password 2 times.
After that you can become root like this:
su -
give the root password and you are the root user.

neil62

Feb 17, 2022
netherlands
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi cPRex,

I have successfully installed cPanel & WHM through the terminal. But the linked I have received after the Installation through the terminal only bring me to the WHM interface. So how do I log into the cPanel interface manager?

neil62

Feb 17, 2022
netherlands
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

I logged in Yesterday to WHM and I created an account on cPanel and stored the login details as root with auto-fill. However, today I am trying to log in to WHM and cPanel but I am getting the error response that : The login is invalid. Please let me know asap what could be the problem. I have also signed in as root via the terminal. So why is the website telling me that the login is not valid?

quietFinn

Feb 4, 2006
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
When you created the cPanel account you set the password for that, you can login to that cPanel account using it's username and password.
You can NOT login to WHM using cPanel accoun't username and password.
WHM is the control panel for the server, cPanel is the control panel for the cPanel account.
You can connect to WHM using username root and root password.

Reactions: cPRex

neil62

Feb 17, 2022
netherlands
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I would like to enable Site Software, as I also see that the section for "Setup Python App" is no longer to be seen under the Software section in this new cPanel interface. However, I do need this. how else can I get an app created here? please let me know.

neil62

Feb 17, 2022
netherlands
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi cPanel support,

So because I cannot find the "Setup Python App" on the new cPanel interface, I am not sure how I can upload my website to the server now. I need help in uploading my website to the server. could someone please help me out on how I must upload the files without the "Setup Python App". Thank you I will be awaiting your response.

neil62

Feb 17, 2022
netherlands
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
When you created the cPanel account you set the password for that, you can login to that cPanel account using it's username and password.
You can NOT login to WHM using cPanel accoun't username and password.
WHM is the control panel for the server, cPanel is the control panel for the cPanel account.
You can connect to WHM using username root and root password.

Hi cPanel support,

I see that the section for "Setup Python App" is no longer to be seen under the Software section in this new cPanel interface. However, I do need this. how else can I get an app created on the server? please let me know.
So because I cannot find the "Setup Python App" on the new cPanel interface, I am not sure how I can upload my website to the server now. I need help in uploading my website to the server. could someone please help me out on how I must upload the files without the "Setup Python App".
Thank you I will be awaiting your response.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@neil62 - can you confirm the system you are using has CloudLinux installed? If not, you can use the Application Manager tool as outlined here to get that configured:

neil62

Feb 17, 2022
netherlands
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@neil62 - can you confirm the system you are using has CloudLinux installed? If not, you can use the Application Manager tool as outlined here to get that configured:

Hi cPRex,

I am a bit confused, I cannot get pip to install via my terminal or via the cPanel terminal. I also do not have CloudLinux os(if its the one for a monthly fee of $16). Is this the way to upload my website files to the server? because I cannot get pip to download and therefore I cannot really go further.I am also only familiar with the "Setup python App" that was under software in the cPanel interface. So what else can I do, because I cannot get the files to upload to the cPanel server.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You likely will need to enable an additional repository for Pip as outlined here:

Can you try that?

neil62

Feb 17, 2022
netherlands
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You likely will need to enable an additional repository for Pip as outlined here:

Can you try that?
Hi cPRex,

I have successfully downloaded and installed the pip version 8.1.2, however I have been trying to follow the " how to install a python wsgi application" but with not much success. I have made a directory called 'mybioout' but I am not sure if MyApp function is correct.
I have reached step 6. but the installation failed with 'error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-AUqAoh/aiohttp/.

I Have also uploaded my website documents into public_html and tried running the server again, but it is still not running.

So what am I doing wrong or missing? As I cannot access the website directly from the server as yet.

Please let me know.

neil62

Feb 17, 2022
netherlands
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
At this point it might be best to submit a ticket to our team so we can take a look at the server and application and see what's up there. If you do submit a ticket, please post the number here so I can follow along.
Hi cPRex,

I have submitted a ticket to the technical support, and I hope to get a response as soon as possible.
I hereby send you my support ticket ID : 94431310

neil62

Feb 17, 2022
netherlands
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I do see that ticket now and I'm following along on my end.
Hi cPRex,

Glad you are following along, so I decided to purchase the cloudlinux from the cPanel store. and I am trying to install it now in order to get it in my cPanel Tools. But it is telling me that there is not no packages available to update or install from the terminal on cPanel.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator