netherlands
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator

neil62

Feb 17, 2022
netherlands
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! In reference to testing the websites before the DNS change, we provided the following article:

This work gets performed on your local workstation - not either server - to trick the browser into thinking the DNS resolves to a different location than it really does.
Dear cPRex,

I have been working with the terminal in cPanel. But it keeps disconnecting for no reason, why is this? when I click reconnect it keeps showing the error message: Error: The WebSocket handshake failed at 5:22:25 PM.

Please let me know if there is something that can be Done about this issue with the terminal.

neil62

Feb 17, 2022
netherlands
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
At this point you need to continue to work through the ticket since I see you're posting the same message both here and there.
Hi cPRex,

Could you help me with this? I have been trying to get my website running on the cPanel server. But I still have not been able to do so.
I have done everything as instructed but the site is still not showing. After making the python app and running the application in the virtual environment. The server is working but I am only getting the message: It works! Python version.

But I should be getting the congratulations message with the little showing. But they told me that I have to edit the passenger_wsgi.py file in order to get this showing(and not the we're sorry, but something went wrong message).

However, they only sent me a link on how to edit the wsgi.py file while telling me that both the wsgi.py file and passenger_wsgi.py file are the same. But this does not seem to be true because I can still not apply the changes and get my website up. (the screenshots show how far I am)

I have basically done these two instructions already:

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/4.0/intro/tutorial01/
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/4.0/howto/deployment/wsgi/

Could you please let me know what to do here, because this could finally be the final step to get things going. Thank you I really appreciate it.

I will be awaiting your response.

Oneil

Attachments

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Unfortunately we don't have any more specifics we can provide, as this is mentioned in the top of the documentation here:

I also have this pages that may be relevant:

as those are specific to the cPanel environment.