hectorpn

Sep 23, 2010
Hi everyone.

Sorry for the noob questions but can someone point me in the right direction to install mod_cloudflare?

I am running WordPress and Magento on WHM 11.3 / CentOS 5.5 / Apache 2.2 / Nginx Admin 2.5

First question: should I install at the Apache level (https://github.com/cloudflare/CloudFlare-Tools) or at Nginx level (HttpRealIpModule)... I am assuming Apache but please tell me if I am right?

If as an Apache module, I would follow these steps: Performance, Security & Apps for Any Website | CloudFlare | Wiki ... should the LoadModule be in the PreMain include?

Second question, if I follow the steps mentioned above, I assume it will survive cPanel updates, being done through the Include editor, correct?

Thanks so very much!

nikc

Jun 30, 2011
I'd also be interested if anyone has installed Cloudflare on their cPanel servers
thanks
I did this on my other server, but there were issues and cloudflare techs had to fix it for me (something odd with apxs).

Nik

tylerl

Dec 11, 2009
Bear in mind that unless you go through EasyApache to install an apache module, your module will get removed next time you do run easyapache. So, that's a bad idea.

Instead, I've created a script that adds mod_cloudflare to your EasyApache build system. Here's the details: /tltech.com/info/installing-mod_cloudflare-on-cpanel/

For the Impatient
Code:
sudo perl <(curl https://raw.github.com/tylerl/util/master/easyapache/cloudflare.pl) install
sudo /scripts/easyapache

Last edited by a moderator:

dmacleo

Jan 28, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Bear in mind that unless you go through EasyApache to install an apache module, your module will get removed next time you do run easyapache. So, that's a bad idea.

Instead, I've created a script that adds mod_cloudflare to your EasyApache build system. Here's the details: tltech.com/info/installing-mod_cloudflare-on-cpanel/

For the Impatient
Code:
sudo perl <(curl https://raw.github.com/tylerl/util/master/easyapache/cloudflare.pl) install
sudo /scripts/easyapache
sorry to bump older post but what is method to remove this?
is it just deleting the mod_cloudflare.c file?
thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Do you mean to remove it from being called by Apache? It depends on how it was installed, but check for the include:

Code:
grep -Ri cloudflare /usr/local/apache/conf/*
Additionally, move the module out of /usr/local/apache/modules location. There isn't any reason to entirely remove it from the system, since removing the module and removing the include for it with Apache would essentially remove it from being used.

dmacleo

Jan 28, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I recompiled EA w/o it so its not active, but is still an option for EA.

but since I had issue with it last week (Support ID #3316071) I just want to delete it all for now.
it was installed using the code above which made it option for EA.

is there some sort of remove I could do like the install worked?

- - - Updated - - -

if I delete /var/cpanel/easy/apache/custom_opt_mods/Cpanel/Easy/ModCloudflare.pm will that make it NOT show as EA option?
I am still learning how EA handles stuff like that so want to make sure,
Thanks

dmacleo

Jan 28, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
if I delete /var/cpanel/easy/apache/custom_opt_mods/Cpanel/Easy/ModCloudflare.pm will that make it NOT show as EA option?
I am still learning how EA handles stuff like that so want to make sure,
Thanks
this seemed to work fine, thought I would post in case it came up again.