The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to install MRTG for Cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WeezelDS, Feb 4, 2008.

1. WeezelDS

WeezelDS Member

Hello,
    I'm trying to install MRTG (Multi Router Traffic Grapher) which will monitor my server load. I had an old version installed, but it crapped out and I've tried to install the new version by command line but the installer gives errors. I've heard you can install it via cPanel, but the only instructions I've been able to find in google are about 4 yrs old and hence I don't trust them. I'm running WHM 10.8.0 and cPanel 10.9.0-S7965 on CentOS 4.6 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0.

Does anybody know how to install MRTG for cPanel?

Thanks

2. WeezelDS

WeezelDS Member

*bump* .....

3. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

there is a special rpm around that is designed for cpanel. I have one I built for my boxes for newer OS's like yours. what you can do is install that rpm (the old one) then save the /etc/mrtg/ fodler. then do a install the OS version MRTG rpm. then put the mrtg.cfg and related cpanel files back into /etc/mrtg

then you want to remove the mrtg in /etc/cron.d and run it as a service. make sure you have in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/mrtg folder. restart mrtg a few times until it builds all the files it needs.

I installed it on 3 boxes today. centos5 and redhatel5's runs great

4. WeezelDS

WeezelDS Member

whoa, slow down...I tried to install the latest mrtg from their homepage, and i think it worked until it says that it is installed, but I dont know how to access the graphs or anything...also I just used the tarball, i didnt see any rpms on their site...could you break it down step by step?, i'm really not sure wut you are trying to say...

5. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

no no man it's easy ..do you want some help? PM me.