Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How to install php 5.3-dev?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kenashkov, May 27, 2008.

1. kenashkov

kenashkov Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I need to use 5.3 branch on a host and I prefer to use WHM/easyapache to do the installation. Up to the moment I used this server with Apache 2.2, suexec and both php 4.4 and php 5.2 running as CGI. I dont need anymore php 4.4 so this is not an issue.
    At the moment using the phpinfo() I got the ./configure line and used it to compile php 5.3-dev (from command line without using easyapache). I works but only as dso module. If I try to change it to cgi from "Configure PHP and SuExec" it is loading the previous version of php 5.2 (from /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/).
    So my question is - is there easy way to compile an unsupported version of php and use it with apache/suexec/cgi (using easyapache or manually)?

P.S. Actually I triend to fool easyapache and during the compilation I just replaced the files in php-5.2.4 source dir with these from php 5.3-dev. The compilation was OK but afterwards the CGI didn't work at all.