The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to install php_gd2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NY_Bill, Feb 24, 2009.

1. NY_Bill

NY_Bill Registered

Hello,
    What is the best way to set up GD image extension in PHP?
    Thanks

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I don't know if having GD installed on the server itself is a prerequisite or not, but at the very least you have to compile PHP to support GD. GD is one of the options in the exhaustive options list in EasyApache.

I always install the following packages on my servers:
    gd
    gd-devel
    gd-progs (likely not needed)

Then I run EasyApache to compile the right versions/options for Apache/PHP - one of those is enabling GD support in PHP in EasyApache.

Mike

3. turnNburn_1x

turnNburn_1x Registered

Images

Hey guys, you will not believe what I just did....and then found this post and forum.
    I had a b2evo blog that I'm pretty sure I installed w/cpanel but I am not a computer genius or a developer, although one day I aspire to be, a developer that is, anyway, No matter what I did, I just wasn't successful at being able to post pictures/images/avatars......I tried the plugins, playing with permissions, and everything else I could find on the b2evo site and forum, so having played with WordPress a bit I decided to scratch my b2, and man did that smart, I loved that system, just let it get the best of me and decided to switch back to WP. Well while doing the precautionary, investigative and or preventive maintenance prior to install I accidentally found a site which is one of sourceforge's that I had no idea existed, and what did I find in the forums??? A post about GD2, only one comment really but it was enough to instill a strong belief that if I had known earlier I could probably have pics in my posts and still have my b2evo.

And now I'm here and what do I find? Some talk about GD2!

You know what though......I'm just really appreciate the the fun I had and will try to learn from it and learn here too!