pauloray

Jan 16, 2012
Philippines
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,
I just installed PostgreSQL using RPM in WHM and it is now showing on every Cpanels. Another icons that shows in Cpanels is PhpPgAdmin, but when I open it from Cpanel, it will just show this error:

The server was not able to find the document (./3rdparty/phpPgAdmin/index.php) you requested.
Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report this
error to your web hosting provider.

How can I fix this?

This is a VPS and I am new in Linux or webhosting, Thanks I have WHM that make it easier to this these tasks.

Also, there is no PhpPgAdmin or PgAdmin in RPM of WHM.

Hope someone can give suggestions.
And please give detailed instructions for newbie like me. :)

Thanks a lot in advance.

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Normally, you would install postgres using "/scripts/installpostgres" command in root SSH. As such, I'm uncertain what is meant by having installed it in WHM as that is not the supported method for installing a working copy of postgres.

Instead, please log into SSH as root user, then issue:

Code:
/scripts/installpostgres --force
That should get PhpPgAdmin functioning on your machine.

pauloray

Jan 16, 2012
Philippines
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks a lot Tritan. It is now working.

But I have a question with PostgreSQL. How can I assign how many PostgreSQL Databases will a package have just like what I did with MySQL?

In WHM, when creating Cpanel Packages, "Max Databases" is only for MySQL Databases, right?

cPanelTristan

Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Right now, maximum databases will actually be for both MySQL and PostgreSQL where if you have 5 for MySQL, you would then have 5 for PostgreSQL. In a future version of cPanel, we will be splitting these into MySQL and PostgreSQL fields, but right now, both are set to the same number you select.

Jun 3, 2008
When we run

/scripts/installpostgres --force

This remove our actual version of PgSQL?
Or only update and install PhpPgAdmin ?

cPanelTristan

Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It will remove your existing version and replace with the new version. It should backup the database files before performing the upgrade, but you should still create a backup manually first.