How to install separate SSL cert for mail. subdomain

GDev

May 5, 2016
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

I have installed an EV SSL cert to one cPanel user but it covers only www.domain.com and domain.com. However, cPanel likes to apply the same cert also for few more domains, including mail.domain.com, webmail.domain.com etc. So the cert is invalid for these additional domains.

Is there any way to specify which domains to combine under same cert? After browsing through WHM and cPanel settings I found no obvious way to do that.

The screenshot shows status of cert in cPanel "Manage SSL Hosts" page:
ssl.png

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks!

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @GDev,

Could you verify if the AutoSSL feature is enabled for the affected account?

Thank you.

GDev

May 5, 2016
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello @GDev,

Could you verify if the AutoSSL feature is enabled for the affected account?

Thank you.
Yes, it's enabled. In log it says:

3:49:02 AM This website’s SSL certificate lacks the following domains: mail.xxxx.com, cpanel.xxxx.com, webdisk.xxxx.com, webmail.xxxx.com. AutoSSL will not replace a certificate that an installed AutoSSL provider did not generate unless it expires within 3 days.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

Ron R

Registered
Jun 19, 2017
Orange County, CA
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
GDev, did you find a solution? I am admin on a re-seller account and I am getting same errors. My host tech support gave me same exact answer as the log you posted.

I have Comodo PositiveSSL installed for my domain.com and www.domain.com just fine. I am just try to let the auto-SSL (Let's Encrypt) install on mail.domain.com and it wont, no matter what I try.

Thanks for any clues,

Ron R.

GDev

May 5, 2016
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Yes, I opened an support ticked and CPanel stall fixed it.

I opened support ticket through WHM interface and cP staff did good job. Unfortunately I haven't yet figured out how do I see their responses because I opened ticket thought WHM without self-made user account. I'll post the solution here if I find how it was done.