The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to install ssl for main as well as its sub domain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by linuxgirl, Apr 24, 2005.

1. linuxgirl

linuxgirl Active Member

Hello,

Can anyone please help how can i install ssl for a main domain as well as its sub domain which has a directory under the public_html. The sub domain is not having other dedicated ip. How can i get other ip for the subdomain. Or i just have to add it as an individual domain.

Thanks in advance.

2. Trigger

Trigger Well-Known Member

If you want to setup a subdomain with SSL then set it up with its own account via WHM rather than a subdomain setup via cpanel.
    ie. for secure.domain.com create an account and use secure.domain.com as the domain name for the account. It must have its own dedicated IP address as usual, use secure.domain.com as the Host name when you generate the CSR and in the order install as normal using secure.domain.com.

If you only have the two that you want to setup then you will need two certificates.

If you have multiple subdomains and want to have SSL on them all then it may be chaeper to get a wildcard SSL certificate generated and issued to *.domain.com. You may then install this on all the subdomain accounts you setup on the server.