how to log any root configuration in whm

Elfofdark

Mar 7, 2007
Hi

I am sorry if i am asking something that have already been discussed. I have search in this forum as much as i could.

I have a whm license and i share whm root interface with 2 friends.

My question is: Can i see a log with anything they do in whm? So if one of them connect to whm and change configuration for let's say easyapache or dns or resources of an account, can i see some logs or monitor or something that i see every move they done in whm as root?

Thank you very much.

Elfofdark

Mar 7, 2007
Thank you that is a very very good log i mean i stay with tail -f /usr/local/cpanel/logs/access_log , and i press for example in whm "restart service"
and guess what! it appears in log. It si very cool, every click in whm it seems to appear in that log. It's a lot and a lot of log i need to filter it so it don't show me lines i don't need to see it.

Thank you very much.

Elfofdark

Mar 7, 2007
how can i output to a file this

tail -f /usr/local/cpanel/logs/access_log |grep -v /json-api

it doesn't work

tail -f /usr/local/cpanel/logs/access_log |grep -v /json-api >> file

madaboutlinux

Jan 24, 2005
Earth
"tail -f" will show you the logs of current process so if "/json-api" is not called/accessed, it won't be available in the logs and cannot be outputted to a file.

What you can do is to grep the access_log file once in a day and output the required logs in a file.

cat /usr/local/cpanel/logs/access_log |grep -v "/json-api" >> /path/to/file