The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Maintain Different Domains In C Panel ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inboxcashventur, Dec 22, 2010.

1. inboxcashventur

inboxcashventur Registered

Hi,

Merry Christmas !

I am a new user of C Panel. Recently I subscribed to a hosting service which allows hosting of unlimited websites & diskspace.

I have 3 different domains which are of different nature of business. 1st one is for a internet marketing affiliate programe, 2nd one is for my own existing gifts business, 3rd one is for other affiliate product.

Please advise the following :-

(a) How to add the 3 different domains in C Panel ?

(b) To where the different web files of these 3 different domains should be uploaded in File Management of C Panel ? What directory and sub-directories ?

These 3 domains are supposed to have 3 different websites with own unique domain names which are not related to each other.

Please advise.

Thanks & regards,
    Harry

2. JeffP.

JeffP. Well-Known Member

Hi inboxcashventur,

To add extra domains onto your cPanel account, please do the following steps:

1. Log into cPanel - https://example.com:2083 (replace "example.com" with your domain, or the server's hostname, or an IP address that exists on the server)

2. Click on "Addon Domains"

If I was going to add the domain "example.com" onto my account, this is how I would fill out the Addon Domains screen:

addon_domains_screen.png

Do these steps for each domain that needs to be added.

If you notice in the screenshot, the "Document Root" for the addon domain "example.com" is here:

Code:
    public_html/example.com
    which is really this:

Code:
    /home/$username/public_html/example.com
    In this example, "$username" would be your actual username of your cPanel account. Each domain that you add onto your account will, by default, have a directory of the same name created under the /home/$username/public_html/ directory. The primary domain of your account has its Document Root at /home/$username/public_html/

Looking back at the screenshot, you'll notice that it requires entering a password. This password can be used for accessing the addon domain via FTP. If you log into FTP with the FTP username and password you created, you will automatically be placed into the directory of the subdomain:

Code:
    /home/$username/public_html/example.com/
    Getting to your question: if you log into cPanel and click "File Manager" you will be prompted with a window that says "Please select a directory to open". There are 4 choices, the bottom of which is titled "Document Root for:". Just below that is a dropdown menu which should show your primary domain and your Addon Domain(s). Click the button for that 4th option and select the addon domain of your choice from the dropdown menu. Finally, click "Go".

Near the upper left hand corner you should see this:

Code:
    /public_html/example.com
    which correlates with the Document Root for the example.com Addon Domain. If you uploaded an index file here (e.g., index.html or index.php), then when you visit http://example.com (or http://www.example.com), you will see the contents of that index file.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks.

3. inboxcashventur

inboxcashventur Registered

Hi Jeff,

The 2 nameservers of (1) ns1.inboxhoster.com (2) ns2.inboxhoster.com given by the hosting company
    were correctly linked to my second domain of /http://www.babynkidsapparel.com

However, there is an error message as indicated in the attached file.
    Is there anything wrong on the hosting company ?

Please advise.

Best regards,
    Harry

Attached Files:

4. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Your site seems pointed correctly to the NS. You need to contact your host via their support system and they should be able to correct this for you in no time.