The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make a form work witout using the viewers default e-mail?????

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by FrankTheTank1, Mar 27, 2005.

1. FrankTheTank1

FrankTheTank1 Registered

I am new at all of this a little and was using prior something from response-o-matic and i kinda sucks. I believe there is a way I can do this with cpanel 8.8.0 EDGE. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Could you clarify your request somewhat as it's not too clear.

Could you explain what you're trying to achieve, how you're trying to achieve it and where the "viewers default email" comes into play?

3. FrankTheTank1

FrankTheTank1 Registered

Sorry, I have a couple of different form's on my web-site.
    1. Contact Us
    2. Looking to Buy a home
    3. Looking at Seling my Home

etc.

So when they are on my we-site they can either ask a general question or fill in some default questions that I have made up in a form layout with alot of different questions. When you would hit the submit button it would always open up outlook if they used it or whatever the default e-mail setup they had and try and send it from there.

But then if they did not hit submit becasue they wantd to try and keep some identity hidden or whatever I did not get it. So then this Respone-O-Matic gave me some tags that I can use in my form and when they hit submit it must go to there server and they send it to me. The only problem is there is a bunch of advertisment from them after you hot the submit button and it looks cheap. So am I trying to figure out how I can do what they do but with what I have in Cpanel.

Let me know if you have any more questions and thank you for your time.

4. RAIS2

RAIS2 Well-Known Member

You are better off browsing some scripting websites. Such as http://hotscripts.com , or http://scripts.com

They store a directory of listing where you can get some form processing scripts. Its a great place to get some free and low cost website scripts.

There are some simple scripts, as well as more robust ones that can fulfill your contact form needs.

Hope That Helps

5. FrankTheTank1

FrankTheTank1 Registered

Thanks for the info. I was looking on those web-sites you said and it looks like you cannot just buy the script and use it on whatever sites you want. They restrict you to one domain only per license. Does anyone know of where to get it so you can have unlimited use at a minimal cost?

6. RAIS2

RAIS2 Well-Known Member

Some of them there are linkware, GNU licence. All you do is keep the copyright inplace. I use PHORM on two different domains, free of charge :D

HTH