Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How to make WHM send system (root) e-mails to my server contact e-mail?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by postcd, Mar 11, 2017.

1. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Hello,

in WHM / Basic WebHost Manager Setup, i have set my contact e-mail as something@mydomain.com

and it seems that WHM is sending system e-mails (like user XY exceeded its bandwidth, user account created..) to root@servername.mydomain.com
    the mydomain.com is hosted on external different WHM server, but because on external server is DNS A record to redirect servername.mydomain.com requests back to local server, it seems that these root@*** mails are ending up on my local server and filling the mailbox.

Please any idea how to make WHM send these system e-mails to something@mydomain.com instead of root@myserver.mydomain.com ?

Thank You

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You can browse to "WHM >> Edit System Mail Preferences" and update the forwarding addresses to the email address of your preference. Also, check to verify your server's hostname is included in the /etc/localdomains file on the cPanel server.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...