The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to manual compile apache in cpanel box ?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by blackmoont, Mar 9, 2005.

1. blackmoont

blackmoont Member

Hi
    I need to pacth some new 3rd-party module to apache . But i dont know how to manuall re-build apache in my cpanel box . A server come with cpanel only can re-build or compile by a easyapache script come with cpanel .
    The mod i need to install is mod_limitipconn with a LocalIP directive patch . This is a readme :
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can also copy the source file over to the Apache source tree and rebuild your httpd statically. The highlighted text below illustrates how to enable the proxy client detection feature; it can be omitted if you don't want this feature.

tar xzvf apache_1.3.27.tar.gztar xzvf mod_limitipconn-0.04.tar.gzcd apache_1.3.27patch -p1 < ../mod_limitipconn-0.04/apachesrc.diff
    cp ../mod_limitipconn-0.04/mod_limitipconn.c src/modules/extra/
    ./configure --activate-module=src/modules/extra/mod_limitipconn.c --with-forward
    make
    make install
    -----------------------------------------------------------

And ofcourse this one do not support by cpanel and because i need a LocalIP directive patch so i must re-compile my apache .I'v ask some professional tech but no one know about this .

2. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

You are almost there - /scripts/easyapache.

#2 lloyd_tennison, Mar 10, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  3. blackmoont

blackmoont Member

Thanks , i know this script but what i need is re-compile apache manual so i can path apache and compile it with option --with-forward .