The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to manually install WHM certs for resellers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thedavid, Mar 9, 2003.

1. thedavid

thedavid Well-Known Member

Hello,

I was just curious about something.. We have a reseller that is having a heck of a time with SSL certificates. Inside of his WHM, he has the ability to go ahead and select the option to "Change cPanel/WHM Certificate". He wants this so that when his clients go to theirdomains.com/securecontrolpanel/ they will see his certificate, not ours. When he does this with the correct cert info, he gets the following from WHM as a response:

<html><head></head></html>

In other words, a blank response page. WHM should be able to handle different certs on SSL, no? They have their own IP addresses and everything, and the normal certificate installation worked fine. It appears also, that since WHM apparently uses stunnel to display these secure pages on a different port, that it all ties in with 1 certificate only.

Is there any other way (by hand perhaps) of installing this customers certificate? I've looked through how WHM is setup and I don't see an obvious way (to me, anyhow).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

-David

2. Robert_

Robert_ Well-Known Member

oops sorry didnt read your post all the way thru

3. MarlboroMan

MarlboroMan Well-Known Member

Hand installation is possible, if not a little tricky. You can get the cert easy enough - run /scripts/gencrt to get a CSR, and get it back from whomever signed it for you. The manual installation part is generally dropping the new key and cert into the right folders on the server, and putting the correct entries into your httpd.conf to get it to work correctly. You might want to google for a Apache SSL HOWTO - I'm sure it would contain a wealth of information.