The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Mount an Existing Hard Drive in WHM?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by quazi, Aug 15, 2007.

1. quazi

quazi Member

I have a drive setup with 300gig's of data on it. And i would like WHT to be able to read it without having to format this drive. Does anyone know how to have apache use this second drive path for a specific account? WHM does not find the second drive.

2. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

Why not just mount the drive via ssh?

mount /dev/hdb1 /foldername

...or whatever.

AS for a specific account using this drive, then I suppose you could name the mount folder /home2 and then add the site in question to the /home2 drive. It would then be able to grow as large as the drive will allow (and quotas).

3. quazi

quazi Member

Yes but how do i go about adding the user to that drive, There is no option to select which drive the account is added to, and changing it after the account is created whm says no extra drives exist. pointing apache config variables did nothing. I will make a pointer see if that works.

4. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

Is this entire drive just content for one user that already exists on the server?. You could just mount it as a point within the file structure of that user, but then you might need to chmod or chown the stuff in there.

Maybe you could be more specific as to what exactly is on the drive, where it came from what exactly you want do, etc...

5. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

1. Mount the drive to /home2

2. Temporarily edit your setup settings in WHM so that /home2 is the main directory instead of home. I beleive the WHM link is in the first box at the top in the left side frame.

3. Add the site to the server. It should be placed on the /home2 directory.... /home2/newuser

4. Go back to WHM and change the main /home2 directory back to /home so that new sites will not go in the /home2 folder.

That should do it.