The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to move cpanel account to addon domain??

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Gateux, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Gateux

Gateux Registered

Hi there, I just migrated manually a full cpanel account into an addon domain, I had Joomla installed on that account and have manually moved the files onto the addon domain directory.

I have also restored the MySql database backup and updated my configuration.php file for the Joomla on the database name and etc. But the website still shows me "Database connection error (2): Could not connect to MySQL."

Configuration.php:

My previous database name in the full account was "urbanuse_joom509" and after I restore the database backup in my main account, it was automatically changed to "cybergal_urbanuse_joom509" which you can see I have done so the changes in the configuration.php file. I have assign a new user to this database and updated the credentials in the config file too but still having the database error, anyone can help me??

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    In: cPanel > Databases > MySQL Databases what does it show you for the database name and database user?

Assuming your cPanel account username is urbanuse, and this addon domain is in the same account, I'm not sure why the username for the database would have changed to cybergal.