The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED How to mute or disable Razor-Agent logging ?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Marc Tremblay, Mar 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Marc Tremblay

Marc Tremblay Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Does anybody know how to mute or disable Razor-Agent logging that comes with cPanel? I have just found a 1.6GB ~/.razor/razor-agent.log file... I deleted it and it immediately auto-created/grew.

I checked under TWEAK SETTINGS in WHM but couldn't find anything to mute it.

Thx

2. cPanelJasonT

cPanelJasonT Level 2 Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. Marc Tremblay

Marc Tremblay Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi. Thanks for replying. I don't understand what your last link refers to. On that 11 years old thread, I can see a link that leads to a 404 not found page, but other than that I do not understand the correlation with my question :(

However, the other links you provided ultimately explained how to solve the issue by pointing to here: razor-agent.conf - search.cpan.org

Step 1: Create this file if it's not already there: ~/.razor/razor-agent.conf (it was not there in my case)

Step 2: Write this line of text in it and save it: debuglevel = 1

That's it. The file razor-agent.log got recreated a minute after, but at least it's empty. Basically, debuglevel=1 means to log only startup and error messages, which there are about none. The default logging is so verbose that it can actually fill your server after a couple years depending on your email volume.

Thx :D

Infopro likes this.