The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to open ports 2078 (ssl) and/or port 2077 (non-ssl) ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaGiK, Jan 12, 2012.

1. MaGiK

MaGiK Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello, I have just registered my domain and was going to run my web disk on the computer. I am using a windows 7, and the options to run web disk was Win98, 2003/WinXP/vista, and I chose Vista. When I downloaded the program, tried to start the Web disk, it said that I had to open my ports 2077 and 2078 to get it running. After that I searched several forum, but none of them could give me the explanation I needed. Not even my webhosting-support (strange enough). I have tried to add a new rule in my advanced settings both 2077 and 2078, and I even have tried to forwarding my 2077 and 2078 on my routersettings, but obviously something has gone wrong as I can't get my Web Disk running. Pretty frustrating as I have tried for 24 hours now. I also find it strange that so few people have had the same problems as me, when it comes to this thing. I am using a NETGEAR3000 router.

Could anyone out there please help me, so I can get this website on the internet? :)

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. MaGiK

MaGiK Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Ok, I will try some of that. But at the moment I can't login to my cPanel. Is it down? This hasn't happen before. It just times out after I try to click cPanel log-in.

4. MaGiK

MaGiK Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Ok, I will try some of that. But at the moment I can't login to my cPanel. Is it down? This hasn't happen before. It just times out after I try to click cPanel log-in. So that means that I don't even get to the username and password site.

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    There is no way for anyone here to know if your cPanel is down or not. cPanel itself does not host websites. You'll need to contact your Hosting Provider and ask them about not being able to login.