The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to prevent that bounces are blackholed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wolli, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Wolli

Wolli Member

On our domain all unrouted e-mails are blackholed with *: :blackhole: in etc/valiases/domain.com. The problem is that all bounces are send back to our hostname @hostname.domain.com and all these emails are blackholed too. I want to receive e-mail bounces. How?

What I tried:
    I manually added an alias file for the hostname (etc/valiases/hostname.domain.com) with a forward to our main email box. That works without problems and I get all bounced e-mails.
    Now the problem is that the alias file hostname.domain.com in etc/valiases is removed by cpanel or any script automatically every day. How can I prevent that? Where is this script? Can I change it?

#1 Wolli, Sep 1, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  2. bigpy2003

bigpy2003 Well-Known Member

Change it so it goes to /dev/null i think

i'm not sure really what you're asking

3. Wolli

Wolli Member

Unrouted emails are blackholed but I want to receive emails to hostname.domain.com (they are blackholed too).

Therefore I put an valias "hostname.domain.com" in etc/valiases (with a forward to my main email box) but this alias file is deleted automatically always. Why?