The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to reduce the size of analog reports / files?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spaceman, Jun 11, 2003.

1. spaceman

spaceman Well-Known Member

One of the hosted accounts I'm looking at right now has 'x.html' files (eg. 1. html, 2.html, 3. html) of between 1Mb and 10Mb, plus a cache file of 14Mb, and so I'd I'm looking into ways of pruning all these _without_ destroying the monthly reports themselves.

So the total file size of all files in the /tmp/analog directory accounts for just under half the entire disk usage for the hosting account. Not good!

I understand that the x.html files are the monthly reports, so I don't know if it's possible to remove or reduce the data associated with the sections of these reports that are so massive, leaving the other sections of these reports intact.

Is there something that can be done within either cpanel or whm to automatically keep these files sizes down on an ongoing basis, or will I have to code some external to cpanel and whm?

Thanks for any feedback.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

Remove the dns_cache file; that won't have any effect on the stats.

If you wanted to do this on a regular basis, you could just create a cron to remove that dns_cache file once a week or so.

3. spaceman

spaceman Well-Known Member

Is it possible to tweak the config of analog so that it will not gather data on certain report sections, and/or reduce the amount of information that is collected per section? Most of the analog report sections are quite short, but a couple can become massive (especially for very popular site). For example, could I tweak the 'Request Report' section to only list files at least 100 requests (as opposed to the default of 20) - if so, how/where?

Thanks.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: