Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How to remove an e-mail forward using API?

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by webspaceinc, Feb 18, 2010.

1. webspaceinc

webspaceinc Registered

I'm using the xmlapi.php class and referencing ApiEmail < ApiDocs < TWiki for function calls. I've implemented listing, creation, and deletion of pop accounts as well as creation of an e-mail forwarding account (Email::addforward).

I am having trouble deleting the forward using the API as I don't see a specific call referenced in the documentation.

I've tried delpop and deletefilter as well as delforward (on the off-chance it's undocumented), using both v1 and v2 calls. I may be sending the wrong order of parameters or barking up the wrong tree... hard to say. Hoping to get some help here.

cPanel version is 11.24.5-RELEASE 38506 if that is helpful / relevant.

Thanks for any helpful hints -Matt

2. webspaceinc

webspaceinc Registered

Upgraded to 11.25, no dice

I've upgraded to 11.25.0-RELEASE Build 43470 and rewrote these calls to use the JSON calling method.

I found some references to deleting forwards in another post (set local and remote addresses to match?), but still have had no success. I really would appreciate some assistance and believe I have done due diligence in researching the documentation and forums.

One oddity I found is that calling addforward using v2 resulted in a success message, but no creation of the forward. It's only when using v1 that addforward seems to work using JSON. I am happy to post sample code if this generates any interest.

I appreciate any assistance others might be able to provide.

3. MattDees

MattDees Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Looks like the syntax for delforward is (as an API1 call):

Email::delfoward("$address=$forwarder")

$address = the incoming email address
    $forwarder = destination email address

Tracer Output:
    Code:
    email:delforward
    $apiv = 1
    $type = post
    -----
    $cfgref

$VAR1 = {
              'param0' => 'address@cptest.com=forwarder@cptest.com'
            };

For what you're doing you may want to use the API call tracer as it allows you to see API calls realtime in the error_log: http://sdk.cpanel.net/utils/CustomEventHandler-Dumper.tar.gz

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...