The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to remove Features?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SupermanInNY, Sep 22, 2004.

1. SupermanInNY

SupermanInNY Well-Known Member

Hi Y'all,

How can I remove features or disable them such that they don't work.

How can I change it such that they aren't available for them?

The problem is with RESELLERS accounts. Resellers get all the options available for them and I don't want the Resellers to have those options.
    Espeically not show the option for the Interchange Shopping Cart which is not enabled on my server.
    If they try to use it.. it will fail or not work..and why even try to start explaining them when I can just not show it altogether?

-Alon.

2. __DoPe_ShOw__

__DoPe_ShOw__ Well-Known Member

Login to your WHM. On your left scroll down till you see Feature Manager. Go there. It says Add a New Feature List: type in Reseller. Press Add. Uncheck everything that you don't want them to have. Press Save. Now any new reseller that you create, when you create it give them that Feature List. You can also edit your default one. It'll change everyone's I think. Pretty easy eh?

#2 __DoPe_ShOw__, Sep 22, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2004
  3. SupermanInNY

Nope. That didn't work very well.
    When I log in as the Reseller, I still have the option to see the Features List.
    I click Add and voilla,.. all the features are there.

So the reseller's account can add features downstream to all his users.

-Alon.

4. __DoPe_ShOw__

Oh well, I can't help you then. I don't have that problem. People just figure that it doesn't work. Maybe your customers are retards?

I mean if it don't work why wonder about it. You shouldn't have to explain why Interchange is disabled. I mean don't they know its shit? Anyways I will look and find out whut the solution is. Sorry I couldn't help you right now. Peace!

5. SupermanInNY

Well.. of course Interchange isn't gonna work.
    But actually.. Interchange is just an example.
    I make money doing hosting.
    The more bandwidth you use,.. the more you pay.
    Now why would I want to provide leech protection?

-Alon.

6. __DoPe_ShOw__

Well leech protection is good. I mean someone can steel their bandwidth and then you make them pay for it. Example:

A hostee has 40gb bandwidth, their site normally uses 30 - 35, well a leecher grabs some links to some files on their account and then leeches them. Now the hostee's account goes up to 50 - 55 gb of bandwidth. Thus making the person pay for 10 - 15 gb of bandwidth which he never really used. Now, lets say the price of the bandwidth per gb is $2, thats $20 - $25 more that person has to pay. More money out of his pocket means more money in yours. If you don't provide the lech protection they can just get it somewheres else. Then if they know that it is an addon in cPanel and you don't offer it and if they see this post, the customers would probably get mad. Also if you only have say 500gb bandwidth on your server and it goes over that then YOU have to pay for it. Which means money out of your pocket. See, it really works both ways. Both the host and the hostee gets protected. I don't really know why I replied. Its pointless. But blah.

7. SupermanInNY

Blah it is :))

I own the box and my hosting facility doesn't limit us here on monthly bandwidth.
    Even it would have.. the user is ALWAYS paying for actual bandwidth used, regardless of the facility limits. Hence,.. the more he uses,... the more he is charged.

But,.. Blah it is.
    The question how rid myself of those features.

-Alon.