Operating System & Version
CentOS 7
cPanel & WHM Version

Spirogg

Feb 21, 2018
chicago
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I installed from Wordpress manager WP then noticed Wordpress manager is being deprecated. So I I selected Wordpress and I un-installed WP.
- But now in CPanel there is still the Wordpress manager. How to delete this and remove the plug-in Wordpress manager please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spirogg

Feb 21, 2018
chicago
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
This here I’m trying to remove from cPanel please FF47A7D6-0F8E-4445-AF0A-AF9370DD7226.jpeg
D3201797-85BF-423F-A7A6-5E02E4F61084.png
Just so you see what I’m trying to remove

thank you so kindly.
Spiro

Last edited:

Spirogg

Feb 21, 2018
chicago
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
will this work ?

or is there a touch /var/... command I can do in terminal ?

UPDATE: Friday march 5th 2021
I did this in terminal each one for all different versions of php I am using fo cPanel user accounts.

yum remove cpanel-wp-cli cpanel-wordpress-instance-manager-plugin wordpress-cpaddon wordpress-cpaddon-php72
yum remove cpanel-wp-cli cpanel-wordpress-instance-manager-plugin wordpress-cpaddon wordpress-cpaddon-php73
yum remove cpanel-wp-cli cpanel-wordpress-instance-manager-plugin wordpress-cpaddon wordpress-cpaddon-php74

I had a few sites with different php versions so I also redid the command line for each php version and it uninstalled for each php version.

I had enabled php 72 73 74 for different cpanel accounts.. so I ran all the command lines

this Wordpress Manager is Deprecated they will remove it soon as of v92 and up

for anyone else reading this

was a great call from @GOT thank you so much for your command line trick this worked.

Kind Regards,
Spiro

@cPRex I guess you can mark this solved : unless you have another command line that will do this as well.

thanks again

Last edited:

Spirogg

Feb 21, 2018
chicago
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@cPRex
one last question there is a folder in each users cPanel account :

/home/user/.cpaddons /moderation
can we remove /.cpaddons and the folder under it /moderation
this seems to have been installed with Wordpress manager I believe.

just need to make sure if I should remove form each user account since this manager is being Deprecated

thanks again sorry for all the questions

Spiro

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You never need to apologize for asking questions - that's what we're here for!

.cpaddons *could* be related to WordPress Manager, but it doesn't have to be, as it can be for any series of addons present on the system. Here's some of the ways things could be present in that directory and how you can do an additional search for them:

but you don't have to remove that directory at this time.

Reactions: Spirogg

Spirogg

Feb 21, 2018
chicago
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You never need to apologize for asking questions - that's what we're here for!

.cpaddons *could* be related to WordPress Manager, but it doesn't have to be, as it can be for any series of addons present on the system. Here's some of the ways things could be present in that directory and how you can do an additional search for them:

but you don't have to remove that directory at this time.
Ok. Yes I have no other ads on’s installed I just was trying out WP on an unused domain I have and noticed the Manager was getting deprecated. So I wanted to uninstall it so I don’t have any issues down the road :)

thanks for your replies. !!