How to remove unneeded cPanel services from cpanel DNSONLY

Adeolu Adeyemi

Registered
Feb 2, 2016
Lagos
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I have a dedicated server I installed cPanel on, at the same time I installed a virtualization software on it, in order to have another cpanel running on a vps in the virtual container. After I discovered that there is no much difference between the cpanel license for a VPS and Dedicated Server in terms of features, I then created another vps to migrate the cpanel on the dedicated server to it and then degraded the main cPanel on the dedicated server to a cPanel DNSONLY.

Now I have production applications running on the vps containers and I want to remove all the unneeded services running on the cPanel DNSONLY, However, from my findings online, the best option was to reload the Server, but right now, I can't dare to reload the dedicated Server.

My question, is there a script I can use to just uninstall the unneeded services on the cPanel DNSONLY ? or other alternatives ?

Thanks in anticipation.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
My question, is there a script I can use to just uninstall the unneeded services on the cPanel DNSONLY ? or other alternatives ?
Hello,

Could you verify which specific services are still running after converting the server to DNS-Only that you'd like to disable? The conversion should have already disabled the unnecessary services such as Apache.

Thank you.