The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to renew an SSL?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zubair1, Oct 29, 2009.

1. zubair1

zubair1 Registered

Hello,

I searched around this and some other forums for some helpful topics regarding my issue but nothing has been useful in my situation yet.

so i am now posting it out here myself in hope that someone might be able to lend me a hand.

recently, one of our clients has asked us to renew his certificate, we didn't have any trouble last year when we installed a new certificate - but i am completely lost now when i'm trying to renew that certificate.

The client's certificate provider is Starfield Technology - the client has sended me 2 files compressed in a zip, one file called sf_bundle.crt and the other sitename.com.crt.

First off all can somebody please confirm me if those are all the files / information i need to renew the certificate?

I am trying to renew the certificate using the WHM Panel, but in that section it also ask for a .KEY file? is my suppose to provide me with some key or .key file too? because hasn't done that.

Currently when i try to renew the certificate i use the old .key file it has but when i submit it i get a modulus error saying the key is not matching or something like that :(

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Regards

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    If the client purchased the SSL certificate, they likely also know where the RSA private KEY file is too (or at least where they obtained it from); it is possible that if they used cPanel to generate the new KEY that it should be located in their home directory within a sub-directory named "ssl".

I would look in the following path for possible KEY files that might match:
    Code:
    /home/username/ssl/private/
    Likewise, you may find CRT and CSR data in the following path:
    Code:
    /home/username/ssl/certs/

3. zubair1

zubair1 Registered

Post Edited

Sorry, Nevermind, i tried this before you said but it didn't work, but now it did after a while :)

Thank you so much for your help Donald, sir. :) i greatly appreciate you took me to the right path :)

Thank you,
    Kind Regards

#3 zubair1, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009