How to restore an account that was accidently deleted?

Bayer

Registered
Mar 12, 2010
Hi, is there a way to restore an account that was accidentally deleted? I don't have a backup. If this is possible and you know how please point me in the right direction. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Vinu007

Aug 9, 2006
Hello,

Contact your host and ask them to restore the account from scratch. If there is any backup available for your account at server end then and then only it is possible to get your account back online.

There's no other way as per my knowledge.

cPanelDon

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hi, is there a way to restore an account that was accidentally deleted? I don't have a backup. If this is possible and you know how please point me in the right direction. I'd greatly appreciate it.
Unfortunately it is only feasible to restore a deleted account if there is a full account backup (e.g., "cpmove" archive) that exists somewhere, even if it's an older copy of the needed account data. I know this is a difficult situation, but without the data being saved in the form of a backup it is not possible to fully restore a terminated (deleted or removed) cPanel user account.

As a preventative measure for the future, I recommend enabling automatic cPanel account backups using WHM, via root access; cPbackup may be configured via the following menu path:
WHM: Main >> Backup >> Configure Backup

When using locally-stored backups, for better redundancy and reliability it is highly recommended to also use a separate physical drive or separate RAID array of drives dedicated to storing backups; this will help reduce the risk of data loss should should the primary storage hardware experience a failure.

brianoz

Mar 13, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I use a prekillacct script which backs up the account just before it is terminated. That way you can always restore the account if you need to.

We've been using this for about 2 years now, ever since I deleted all of a reseller's accounts one sunday afternoon. :)

The script is listed here and you can just download and install it:

http://www.whitedoggreenfrog.com/scripts/

Sorry, I know this doesn't help at all with your current predicament, but this has made life so much easier for us.