The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to run fsck ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smile, Dec 19, 2007.

1. smile

smile Well-Known Member

Hi

I have a cpanel server with centos which started giving some errors. I went ahed and rebooted the system and now its asking to run file system check. I'm connected with KVM to my machine. Can someone help in the right direction to execute fsck on the server.

2. WebScHoLaR

WebScHoLaR Well-Known Member

You need to first unmount the partition and then run the FSCK on it. Lets say you need to run FSCK on /home which is mapped to /dev/sda1 so you need to do:

3. smile

smile Well-Known Member

Hi,

After I complete it it still takes me to file Repair Filesystem 3 prompt...sorry for sounding noob but what has to be done further to that ?

4. WebScHoLaR

WebScHoLaR Well-Known Member

What drive setup you have and are you getting any idea that for which partition it is asking for file system repair? The fsck needs to be run on the partition that requires file system repair. I would suggest that you check your data center/provider techs so that they can fix and let you know that what was the cause and what needed to be done.

5. smile

smile Well-Known Member

Hi,

Thanks, I have contacted my DC unfortunately they don't seem to have someone at this hour to take care of the issue.