How to run unpkgacct from command line?

Shiekron2

Apr 17, 2002
Since WHM has a timeout in when transfering big files, and doesn't it give it type to either copy huge files, like a mySQL database, which is huge, etc.

And I was wondering since we are transfering I can package it using the command line pkgacct in my Ensim box.

But How can I convert now this file in my CPanel box using unpkgacct

What to run?

A lilttle help here cpanel people?

JustinK

Sep 4, 2001
I would love a way to unpack a cpanel backup from command line for users. We're getting a lot of timeouts with the bigger sites lately and it's causing a lot of frustration.

kimpossible

Mar 24, 2004
pathetic response

It's over a year and something as simple as this hasn't been responded to by the cPanel team?!!?

jackal

PartnerNOC
Feb 23, 2002
You can try this.

1) SSH to the server from which the user is to be moved.
2) /scripts/pkgacct username
3) The tar file will be created in the /home directory as cpmove-username.tar.gz .
4) SCP this file to other server to the /home directory
scp cpmove- username.tar.gz [email protected]:/home/

5) Now from the server you just moved the tar to run the script
/scripts/restorepkg username

Try that

kimpossible

Mar 24, 2004
Thanks for the response!

Unfortunately, that's a bit too obvious. Not one of those "well, it was so obvious that it worked" but one of those "it was so obvious that it doesn't." ;)

I'll go ahead and dig into the script tonight and have a look at what it's trying to do...

This question is in half a dozen threads here, and a web search turns up a good 20 more from various web hosting forums. None with answers.

So I'll dig it out the hard way.

I haven't seen that anyone had opened a ticket on it, though.

kimpossible

Mar 24, 2004
Oh - I understand your question.. Here's the answer:

Shiekron2

How to run unpkgacct from command line?
[clip!]
01-05-2003 04:20 AM

The first message in this thread was posted on Jan 5, 2003. Jan 5 2003 to Jan 5 2004 = 1yr + Jan 5 2004 to May 5 2004 = "Over a year"

Any of those few hundred accounts over a terrabyte? 10TB? 12TB? We just finished moving all of our infrastructure (from 12 DCs to 73 DCs), and we have several clients over 10TB. Half a dozen over 1TB, hundreds in the 300+GB range. (We're a CDN, video is big. ;) )

The 2GB limit thing isn't likely since A) it's ext3 (ext2 was a 48bit filesystem anyway. Unless you built it wrong, it would handle >2GB files. Do it every day...) and B) cPanel splits large transfers.

The fact is - it stinks when you have large accounts and lots of them.

Still need to dig into the script. But I'm juggling BGP routing issues at present on the new infrastructure. . .