How to send email from another cpanel?

rechee

Registered
Mar 5, 2021
Hungary
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
It's a complicates situation. I have two cPanels on different hosting providers. One is for the website other one is for emails. I have a website where I want to send emails because it's a webshop.
The problem occurs when I try to connect from the webshop to the smtp server on the other cPanel, my webshop's cpanel catches this connetction request (both of them create the same looking mail.xyz.com outgoing smtp server address, I don't know if that's the problem) and tries to authenticate on the website cPanel, not on the email cPanel. But the emails should sent through the email cPanel.
Do you have any idea how can I solve this issue?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! You likely need to change the cPanel >> Email Routing to the "remote" value on the webserver side, and then it will look to the DNS records for the domain name instead of trying to deliver the message locally.

Try that and let us know!

rechee

Registered
Mar 5, 2021
Hungary
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Thank you for your reply, I set the routing to remote on my webserver but it still wants to send it through the webserver's cPanel, according to the smtp log. Do you have any other idea?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Without access to the mail logs on the server I wouldn't be able to say for sure what is happening. You may want to speak with the hosting provider directly to see what is happening on the server as they would be able to review the logs and get that resolved.