How to send .eml attachments

NickN1

Registered
Jul 28, 2022
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Is there a way to attach .eml files without having them bounce back? Strangely this only affecting me and not my co-workers, who seem able to send them just fine.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! The short answer is "probably not" - many companies completely block .eml attachments so you may not be able to send them to particular locations. If other users are able to send the same attachment to the same address, does the bounceback say anything helpful about the situation?

NickN1

Registered
Jul 28, 2022
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Thanks for your reply! I'm actually just trying to send email attachments to my co-workers for reference and they keep bouncing back with:

"This message has been rejected because it has a potentially executable attachment "___.eml" This form of attachment has been used by recent viruses or other malware. If you meant to send this file then please package it up as a zip file and resend it."

I just find it strange since my co-workers are able to send .eml attachments to me with no issue. There isn't any workable way around this?

Thanks again!

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You can disable the option server-wide through WHM >> Exim Configuration Manager by turning off this option:

"Attachments: Filter messages with dangerous attachments"

You can see the full list of attachment types this filters here: