The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to set Apache "default site"

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by simpleupdates, Jul 16, 2008.

1. simpleupdates

simpleupdates Member

My question relates to the default site shown in apache if you visit the shared IP address of the server.

I first added a SSL, dedicted IP site. When I view that dedicated IP address, I get the standard cpanel "Coming Soon" page.

When I visit the IP address of the virtual host sites, I get the first site added as a virtual host site.

I would like to have a "coming soon" page for the virtual IP as well, as in site DNS transitions before the virtual host is setup, I get customers more confused when they see someone else's site, than a "coming soon" page.

I can edit the httpd.conf file, and move the site I want into the first virtual host placement, but notes in the file indicate not to edit this file, that cpanel will overwrite it.

So, how do I set the "default site" in cpanel? I have not been able to locate this setting...

Thanks!

#1 simpleupdates, Jul 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  2. jsnape

jsnape Well-Known Member

When I visit the main IP of the server I get the default cpanel page. If you want to replace that you would edit index.html inside /usr/local/apache/htdocs/