The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to set dedicated/static IP for a site in WHM, and access it with an ip directly

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by basketmen, Nov 10, 2010.

1. basketmen

basketmen Well-Known Member

I want to set dedicated/static IP for a site in WHM, lets say here is the ip lists :
    1.1.1.0 (Main shared IP, ns1.domain.com)
    1.1.1.1 (ns2.domain.com)
    1.1.1.3 -> i want choose this as the dedicated/static IP

i already go to whm > Account Functions > Change Site's IP Address > choose the domain > and choose ip 1.1.1.3

so what next?

i try opening 1.1.1.3 in browser's address bar but its still say :
    Default Web site page cpanel
    If you feel you have reached this page in error, please contact the web site owner

the ip 1.1.1.3 should be redirected to the site directly, what part do i miss?

Nb. My host already set reverse dns too like this before, so i choose 1.1.1.3 for the static/dedicated ip for domain.com above, no problem with the reverse dns right?
    ns1.domain.com 1.1.1.0
    ns2.domain.com 1.1.1.1
    domain.com 1.1.1.3

2. GaryT

GaryT Well-Known Member

Re: How to set dedicated/static IP for a site in WHM, and access it with an ip direct

Your right in what your saying but the IP will only bring up the root, If you wish to access the files you need to add the name of that account also.

eg: