Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to set email correctly

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Shchaneric, May 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Shchaneric

Shchaneric Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I am new to cPanel. My situation :

1. I have a Hostus VPS with WHM/cPanel
    2. My VPS have 1 IP only, so I had disable the Nameserver service in WHM
    3. All of the domain are using other DNS Server which provided by the domain register and pointing to my VPS/WHM IP, such as www, ftp , mail ....
    4. I had setup a rDNS in Hostus, it seem running correctly

The web, FTP all are running prefectly, but the mail server have problem.

I had set DNS records and DKIM(cpanel -DNS Check Passsed) & SPF(cpanel - Warning: cPanel is unable to verify that this server is an authoritative nameserver for “my doamin”.) in the domain register's DNS.

I added the mail account to outlook, it can receive email from gmail, hotmail, my company exchange... , but I cannot send email outbound, only can send inbound.

In the Mail Queue Manager, the error is "R=dkim_lookuphost T=dkim_remote_smtp defer (110): Connection timed out"

Should I need to fix the SPF warning? Is the DNS records not correct? How to make it run correctly?

Please help, thanks very much.

2. Shchaneric

Shchaneric Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Oh, I got the problem, my VPS provider blocked port 25.

I enabled the EXIM use other port 576. But there are other problem, all of the outbound mail defer due to "R=dkim_lookuphost T=dkim_remote_smtp defer (110): Connection timed out"

How to fix it? Thanks very much

3. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Exim requires port 25 to work - other mail servers are going to use this port to communicate when you send/receive email. So having it blocked and changing the port it listens on is not going to resolve this for you. Doing so only facilitates end users that have port 25 blocked through their ISP that need another port to use for connections to your server. You will either need to contact your provider, or see if using an SMTP relay like SendGrid is possible instead.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The previous post is correct. There's an additional thread on this topic at:

change port 25

Thank you.