The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to set monthly raw access log for a specific domain , hosting account on WHM?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SlyGhost, May 13, 2008.

1. SlyGhost

SlyGhost Member

Hi,

How to set monthly raw access log for a specific domain , hosting account on WHM?

Currently my WHM settings are below:

Stats and Logs
    Number of days between processing log files and bandwidth usage (default 1, decimal values are ok) = 1

Keep log files at the end of the month (default is off as you can run out of disk space quickly) = UNticked

I have some high traffic domains in my server so thats why I can't change entire server's log keeping to Monthly , because only 1 site has a 100GB daily log, so its cool to keep server's setting as DAILY.

But however , I have some small traffic domains as well , and I want to keep raw access logs for those domains MONTHLY if its possible?

Can I do that in WHM to set specific domain's raw access log keeping into monthly without changing whole server's setting?

I just want to keep monthly logs for some specific domains but daily for others , as my default settings on WHM.

Thanks in advance...

Best Regards.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You do this via the cpanel account itself, not WHM. (If I understand you correctly)

100GB DAILY log? Not sure that's even possible. I'd be looking at those logs for errors that could be fixed to cut it back for sure..

3. SlyGhost

SlyGhost Member

Sorry that was a typo I mean 10GB* :)

Well yes I think you understood me correct , I just want to change raw access log settings into "keep for a month , 30 days" before delete or remove whatever but NOT for entire server and all domains.
    Just for some specific domains that I want the logs to be kept monthly 30days.

Can you help me how can I do that?
    Thanks in advance...

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Find the "raw access logs" icon in your cPanel. I think that's what you seek. Good luck.

5. SlyGhost

SlyGhost Member

Unfortunately that's NOT I'm looking for!

Can someone help me if its possible to set "keep monthly 30 days access log" for a specific domain without changing whole server's setting?

Because for some domains , I want to keep access_log on a DAILY basis.
    But for some low traffic domains , I want to keep access logs for 30 days monthly.

Is this possible?

6. SlyGhost

SlyGhost Member

pls anyone knows?