How to set multiple IP addresses as shared

kwdamp

Dec 7, 2017
usa
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello again.

I need to setup a server w 4 IP addresses so that several pairs of accounts are NOT sharing the same IP address (for a couple of reasons). So for example: 10 accounts on IP1, 2 accounts on IP2, 2 accounts on IP3, etc.

I found this article: How to Share Multiple IP Addresses | cPanel & WHM Documentation

But I don't use reseller accounts. Surely there is a command or setting that will allow this without me having to go setup fake resellers for each IP address, right?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

kwdamp

Dec 7, 2017
usa
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Looking at it a bit more, I guess I might be able to set some of the accounts up as subdomains of other accounts. Though I think that may have some drawbacks of its own.

Is there some reason I'm missing that cpanel defaults to dedicated IP addresses for all except for the primary, shared IP?

kodeslogic

PartnerNOC
Apr 26, 2020
IN
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Try WHM’s Change Multiple Sites’ IP Addresses interface (WHM >> Home >> Multi Account Functions >> Change Multiple Sites’ IP Addresses) to change their IP addresses for them.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
There is currently not a supported way to do this on a cPanel server. This is one of our oldest feature requests as well, but the way cPanel is structured makes this a difficult thing to achieve. I'm sorry I don't have better news on this one.

kwdamp

Dec 7, 2017
usa
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
There is currently not a supported way to do this on a cPanel server. This is one of our oldest feature requests as well, but the way cPanel is structured makes this a difficult thing to achieve. I'm sorry I don't have better news on this one.
Been trying to wrap my head around this.

Is it correct to assume I have 2 choices:

• Either Setup a reseller account for myself, assign it an IP address, and then recreate the accounts under that reseller.

• Or, setup several of the domain names as sub accounts of an account on the dedicated IP. Then just setup the domain controls to obscure the fact it is a subdomain?
Are both of those options viable? Is there something I'm missing?