The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to setting vps

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by mariaasuka24, Feb 5, 2015.

1. mariaasuka24

mariaasuka24 Registered

Apr 14, 2014
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Dear all!
    Could someone possibly help me out on this one. I am basically trying to set up a few email addresses on my VPS so that I can use a client like squirralmail, horde or roundcube (I am not sure if it's easier to configure something like Thunderbird) whichever is easiest.
    Ideally I would like to have it routed so that the IP will always come from my VPS and stay constant on all email headers.
    I am really new to the whole VPS thing and have a little experience with cPanel so any explanation might have to reflect that.
    VPS is running Linux

Thank You in advance!
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

It's ultimately the email client that will add the sender's IP address to the message header. For example, you will notice this behavior when using Horde and SquirrelMail, however Roundcube will not display the sender's IP address (as assigned by their ISP) in the message header. Thus, you can use Roundcube, or search out an email client that will not add your IP address to the message header.

Thank you.