The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to setup Access Hosts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gareth, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Gareth

Gareth Well-Known Member

Hi

I'm totally new to cpanel, very impressed:D

I need to access one of my databases from my computer using MySQLCC. In the Control Panel under mySQL>>Access Hosts I need to put my isp IP address?

Also, for configuring the connection what would I need to put in MySQLCC

ie:

Host
    Username

(Host could not be localhost? would it be localhost@mydomain.com)

2. elleryjh

elleryjh Well-Known Member

you need to add your current ip address. You can find this at http://www.whatismyip.com

If you have a dialup isp, your ip address may be changing every time you dial up. If that is the case, if you got 12.34.56.78 from that website, you should probably enter 12.34.% to Add Access Host.

If you still have problems, try adding % to access hosts which will allow any computer to connect to you mysql db's.

Now to connect to a db:

Host is your website name - mydomain.com (not localhost)

for username and password, you can just use your standard cpanel username and password, or you can setup another user in cpanel for that database. If you use another user, remember to add your username and an underscore before it when you connect.

Also remember the database name will have your username and an underscore before whatever you typed, i.e. username_dbname