The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to setup DNS

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by GeXus, Aug 3, 2006.

1. GeXus

GeXus Member

Could someone please explain how to setup DNS for a domain i own on cpanel.. thanks!

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

When you add your account in whm, your new domain should be pretty much setup and ready to go. What problems are you having?

Do you need to setup your hosting account, a client account or what are you trying to do.. You need to give as much detail possible.

3. GeXus

GeXus Member

I'm setting up the machine, it is a dedicated server with cPanel installed.. so this would be the initial setup. So I need to setup DNS from scratch, for the setup it asks for 2 DNS servers.. i'm wondering if I just pick one of my domains and use it.. as ns1 and ns2.. then it will work?

4. sumith

sumith Well-Known Member

If you have created child nameservers ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com via domain registrar control panel, then it will work. Also, dont forget to "assign A records for the nameservers: via WHM Initial setup.

5. GeXus

GeXus Member

I've been able to get everything setup.. except assigning the A records.. I recieve this error

IP=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Bind reloading on server129 using rndc zone: [xxx.com] Error reloading bind on server129: rndc: connect failed: connection refused Add Complete

Any idea why this would happen?

Thanks!

6. CoreISP.net

CoreISP.net Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider