The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to setup name servers ?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by TapanB, Mar 31, 2016.

1. TapanB

TapanB Active Member

Nov 29, 2004

I bought a domain name and I bought 2 x dedicated server with cpanel. I needed to create my own name servers for both of the servers.

My domain provider provides me DNS Management but I have to change domain's dns to domain provider's dns.

So my domain eg., i changed its name servers to the ones provided by domain provider so I can use dns management i.e:,

After that I setup 4 child name servers (2 each for my 2 dedicated servers) i.e: -> Dedicated server 1 - IP -> Dedicated server 1 - IP -> Dedicated server 2 - IP -> Dedicated server 2 - IP

Then I goto DNS Management provided by my domain provider and do the following entries:

For dedicated server 1: IN A IP (same as IN A IP (same as IN A IP (same as

For dedicated server 2: IN A IP (same as IN A IP (same as IN A IP (same as

Then in WHM I setup name servers's like that only and add their A entries.

But when I check dns report it says that Glue is missing and clients are unable to open their websites, some are able to some are not. Why is this happening ??

Have I missed any step ??

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You may find the following thread useful:

[Tutorial] Nameserver configuration on cPanel servers

Did you change the name servers for your domain name at the registrar after creating the name servers at the registrar? This is a separate step you must complete.

Thank you.