The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to setup reseller program with whm like mchost.com?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dahlia, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

how can we setup a reseller program similar to mchost.com\'s? they are using webhostmanager and cpanel.. but how they have it setup is what confuses me. they give their resellers a chunk of diskspace and bandwidth, with the ability to split that space up into accounts. i must be blind, because i can\'t figure out how to set that up in webhostmanager. :P

i see in webhostmanager a way to specify how many accounts per plan can be setup.. and/or how many accounts all together can be setup. but nowhere on how to let them split a set amount of diskspace and bandwidth up. :(

is mchost just giving reseller plans without any real limits and just checking them day-to-day or what? i dont think they are.. but that\'s the only way i can figure it right now. lol anybody have a clue how to set something like this up? thanks. :)

2. moronhead

moronhead Well-Known Member

[quote:25c4d13acb] is mchost just giving reseller plans without any real limits and just checking them day-to-day or what? [/quote:25c4d13acb]Could the accused (mchost.com) please stand up and answer this question? ;)

3. teck

teck Well-Known Member

I\'ve pm\'ed him which he never bother replying. Don\'t count on him replying here.

4. Site5-Matt

Site5-Matt Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Maybe this is just me.. but I would imagine MC Host put a lot of work into developing their reseller program. I would be willing to bet that there are additional (non-cpanel) scripts/programs involved with the management of their system. Now why, after putting all that time and effort into developing a system that makes them unique and gives them an edge over the competition, would they want to post here and let others know how they did it? Are they trying to create competition for themselves?

Anyway, it\'s really their decision whether or not to share their methods. Just put yourself in their shoes--you developed a new way to offer reseller services and you are getting recognition for it. Do you want to tell everyone else how to do it so they can setup a similar system and take business that would have been yours? Not really... unless you\'re not in this to make money, but rather to be nice. (not that there\'s anything wrong with that ;) ).

Just my $0.02. Maybe they will share after all, you never know. :)

Matt

5. Kiwi

Kiwi Well-Known Member

First of all, i got quite a few notes and emails asking me about this. Sorry for not replying to all of them but there\'s a lot of other stuff going on in my head all day so i sometimes forget about not-so-important things. We have quite a few custom-developed scripts that are \'cpanel-compatible\' which include, but are not limited to:

1. HelpDesk System
    2. WHM Signup Script with Revecom/2Checkout support and 1-click account setup.
    3. Bandwidth/Accounts Tracker which shows how many accounts each reseller is hosting and how much bandwidth each of them is using in multiple levels.

We might (or might not) release them and a few more as a CPanel Addon Suite in the future. :)

[Edited on 12/9/01 by Kiwi]

6. rbro

rbro Well-Known Member

Can't you define a block of space for a reseller and have him create unlimited domains within that block of space? Isn't that part of WHM functionality or am I missing something?