The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to show error 404

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stanleytiew, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Stanleytiew

Stanleytiew Well-Known Member

I just wonder how to configure my WHM to set as default any account that does not have index files to display error 404 instead of displaying the folder list. At this moment any account without index file will display the list of folder and files available in that particular account.

2. rhenderson

rhenderson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You could use the WHM account funtions -> Skeleton Directory to create a page for all new accounts (doesn't solve current accounts). Or use CPanel to turn off directory indexing in the /www folder

3. Stanleytiew

Thank you for your reply but this still not solving my problem. creating a page in WHM-> Skeleton Directory only install index file in public_html and does not install in sub folder. For example if customer have a folder "images" inside public_html, accessing using http://www.domain.com/images would still list out the files inside images folder.

turn off directory indexing in cpanel will work perfectly, but what I'm looking at is to set it as default in WHM without manually turn off directory indexing in cpanel for every account. Let say if you set up 10 accounts per day, you need to login to 10 cpanel and turn it off manually. Is there any way that we can set is as default in WHM.

4. Stanleytiew