The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Shut off Bounced Emails to Root

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jonwatson, May 28, 2007.

1. jonwatson

jonwatson Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I'm sure there's a setting somewhere that I'm missing. I always receive a copy of every bounced email from all of my WHM servers. Obviously, I don't want this.

In the WHM -> Server Contacts -> Change System Mail Preferences page the only field I have filled out is root's email is to be sent to my external email address. The Nobody's mail and cPanel's mail preferences are empty.

I can only assume, then, that somewhere I have a setting that tells my server to send all bounced or unrouteable mail or something to root.

Can someone give me a pointer or two on where to find this setting? I've searched the forums but none of the threads seem to deal with my specific problem.

Thanks!

2. Fernis

Fernis Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat and would love to have a solution for this. I will be watching this thread.

3. ourjourney

ourjourney Registered

Not Getting Email

I'm not getting my emails at all from my admin@ourjourneytolife.com account to my ISP. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance

4. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

Do you have aliases set up for postmaster/abuse? (Which you have to accept for RFC compliance) as this is where most of the bounces I get are addressed to

5. jonwatson

jonwatson Well-Known Member

Ah, yes I do.

Hmm....to be compliant and irritated or to be not irritated and not compliant.

Thanks

6. eNetHosts

eNetHosts Well-Known Member