The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to stop a unicast "storm"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tris, Aug 24, 2004.

1. tris

tris Active Member

Hello,

my datacenter told me that my server is generating a unicast "storm" in their network and their switch is shutdowning the port

Here is the switch log:

7w5d: %STORM_CONTROL-2-SHUTDOWN: Storm control shut down FastEthernet0/17
    7w5d: %LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface FastEthernet0/17, changed state to administratively down
    7w5d: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/17, changed state to down
    7w5d: %LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface FastEthernet0/17, changed state to administratively down
    7w5d: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/17, changed state to down
    7w5d: %STORM_CONTROL-2-SHUTDOWN: Storm control shut down FastEthernet0/20
    7w5d: %LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface FastEthernet0/20, changed state to administratively down
    7w5d: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/20, changed state to down

is there anyway to stop this. I would be greatly thankful to anyone that could stop it.

THank You
    Tris Pulford