Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How to stop auto-replies to user nobody

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by ddmobley, Oct 9, 2007.

1. ddmobley

ddmobley Member

I have an website where the email is hosted off-site, so the domain is set up as a remote domain for mail delivery. When mail is generated on the site through a script, it is sent to the user's email address, and the from address is set to "nobody@domain.com" by the server. The user's auto-responder always sends email back to nobody.

How do I stop email for ALL accounts on the server if they are sent to the nobody account?

Hw do I stop email for just this one account on the server if they are sent to the nobody account?

2. d_t

d_t Well-Known Member

You can change the "From:" field server-side, in php.ini or for each account, adding the followin lines in apache virtualhost:

Code:
    <Virtualhost .. >
    php_admin_value sendmail_path "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -fnoreply@domain.tld"
    php_admin_value sendmail_from "noreply@domain.tld"
    Then you can set a filter in cPanel to automaticaly remove all mails received on noreply@domain.tld