The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to stop fake SPAM emails

Discussion in 'Security' started by AndesHelp, Feb 12, 2010.

1. AndesHelp

AndesHelp Member

Here are the Header Details of the latest Faked SPAMs:

1. How can this Spammer be blocked from using my own email address to send me SPAM to the same email address?

2. How do you track him down? Even the Hyperlinks are different between the emails.

Thanks

2. Eric

Eric Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That's likely your spammer. You can't do much with it unless you're willing to pay for a flight to Malaysia.

Finding spammers is good, but you can't really do much with the information. If you don't do business with that country or that ISP consider blocking it in your firewall.

3. agentblack

agentblack Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but I've had to do that to a few of the high risk/problem areas. The risk of the breach isnt worth the business i "could" make from that area. So i just block it. Usually just block the whole block assigned to that ISP rather than the country.

4. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

According to the header it seems that its a spoofing email. You can try to set the SPF record in your DNS zone editor for the domain where you are receiving the spoofing email.