The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to stop spam?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LordJMann, Mar 11, 2004.

1. LordJMann

LordJMann Well-Known Member

Well, I've reviewed some threads already but they are quite old and don't think they would work well at this point anymore. I am wondering how and what I need to do to stop spam or atleast eliminate the majority of it? It clogs my mail queue and even prevents alot of non-spam from being sent. This has caused increasing complaints about email on the server and I am sick and tired of the spam period.

I run Exim 4.30 but have heard so many bad things about it. I have also read about installing MailScanner and ClamAV as well. Though the guides I have found are outdated. My server doesn't process enough emails to have to have its own mailserver though the mail queue fills up FAST with spam. Eximstats say that I've had over 28,000 errors with emails and my server has only been up for a month. The fail percentage is 37.8% as well!

If anybody can offer any help on the matter I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

2. PbG

PbG Well-Known Member

The how to's on this board regarding this subject work quite well. Search read in their entirety and use. I have reduced my ques 95% and I do not run blacklists, clamav or mailscaner. Although I may add clam or mailscaner soon.

#2 PbG, Mar 12, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2004
  3. BrightAdmin

BrightAdmin Well-Known Member

4. jpfour23

jpfour23 Active Member

how do you deny relaying IN your mail server? And what effects does this have for my users?

THNX!

5. wizzard52269

wizzard52269 Member

Installing Mail Scanner

Would if be bad if I installed mail scanner and didn't setup the configs?